Monday, July 9, 2012

Are You Behaving Like A Christian Should?

"We will be known by our fruit"
  I have been going through a struggle as of late in a few different areas of my life! Sometimes when we have to face our past and it can be very testing on the new corrector that God has given us. We start to drift from the way God would have us act and carry ourselves and move more into a fleshly state of mine. There is a fine line between standing for God and being revengeful. While I never become revengeful, I very well could have and God got my attention before I did! We never want to fall into the revengeful camp, that is the camp of the enemy. Many times when people hurt us our fist response is to get back at them. But there is always a Biblical way of handling things. Always look to Gods word and see what that might be for your  specific problem. Seems like we pray a lot to God but we don't pick up the one thing quick enough, that He has given us as His way of communicating back to us, our Bible! Through His Word God shows us how we are to handle ourselves as we should!

    {Galatians 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law"}

   After getting off the phone a while back with a really good friend of mine about one of these situation, I am going through, my wife asked me a question. She said , "What are you seeking to get out of this?" I gave her my answer and she recommended that I listen to this sermon by R.C. Sproul, so I did. As I listened to it, I kept saying, "that sounds like them", she said keep listening. Let me say, God has placed a great woman of His in my life because she was right. I could have slipped into what Sprouls was speaking on. He was doing an expository teaching on Romans 12:16-21, its the second part of a series but stands alone as something we all need to be reminded of. I hope each of you will take about 45 minutes and listen to this, it was an eye opener! "Behave Like A Christian", Part 2  May God bless you as He did me with this and to my wife thank you for your obedience!

Linked With:
Tuesday Garden Party
Country Garden Showcase
Sharing His Beauty
In, On and Around
Hear on Sunday, Hear it Monday
Barn Hop 69
Morris Homestead Blog Carnival 15
 



Romans 12:16-21 
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. 20 Therefore
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.”
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes it can be difficult to live as we should... Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you shared..Sproul is a wonderful teacher! Just today, I was brooding over the way negative attitude so easily creeps into my being..I need to be reminded how I ought behave as a Christian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need reminded of this daily as well! God Bless you all!

      Delete
  3. We always need to be on our knees to hear God. Nice article.

    ReplyDelete