Sunday, May 5, 2013

Around the Redeemed Garden in 2013! Part 1

  I have been so busy with family, work and work around the house that I feel as though I am chasing my tail sometimes. I trust all my friends in blog land have been working hard in your gardens as well? I wanted to share some pictures today of not only my Veggie garden and my flower beds around the house. It seems like this is one of the busiest times for us in the garden before letting God take care of the rest. Here is whats happening around "The Redeemed Garden"!



















  Our Lilly of the Valley is blooming so wonderfully and in the right photo (from front to back) we have Spinach, Lettuce and our cucumbers are reaching up for the trellis!










  In the pot we have our Carrots ( a great way to grown them) and the old Whiskey Barrel serves well to grow potatoes. To the right we have Broccoli, radishes, beets, turnips, Peppers, and tomatoes. Each week more will be planted, just all that we have right now!










  One of our Lilacs that is blooming and smells so wonderful. My great grandma Bakers Lilac that I planted from a start off the old farm stead finally bloomed after 6 years of being planted, that was exciting! On the right is the rose garden, the head board is just for decoration!

  Well I will leave you hanging with this, I'm gonna post more in the next post for you to see and enjoy! Remember to keep your priorities in order, God being first on the list, and everything else He will take care of!
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great!! What do you feed your spinach? I feed mine an organic fertilizer but I am thinking blood meal or something that is higher in nitrogen because the plants never get big or lush. Thanks for sharing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now is the time that we all become overwhelmed by our gardening endeavors...I love to see the order and success of your space. Great idea to put your carrots in a pot! Who'd a thunk??? I will steal that idea! I am trying daikon radishes this summer. Maybe will try a pot.
    Thanks you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete