Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Been a LOOONG Time! And Bye to Grammie!

    It has been too long since I last posted an article! Really I only have the excuse of a really busy life. For starters we have had a big issue in our family that has taken much away from all our time but the Lord has seen fit to allow that issue to be resolved. My daughter loves volleyball, so we had a very busy school season this year, they finished third in the county tournament but beating the team who won the tourney in the regular season. That was just the start though, she decided she wanted to play travel ball, sounds fun right? Well, it is but practice and the traveling from WV to all over Ohio, every other weekend, know that was a little taxing! But she is gaining lots of experience! Then we have our son who lives out of state now!
    On top all that, church has keep us busy. Trying to make it through the worst winter i've seen in a long time. My work has been a 60 to 70 hour work week. Its just been crazy!
    So that an numerous has just keep me from my gardening and blogging duties, lol! I've said that I will post at least one article a month and try to do more? I have tossed around the idea of moving my blog to another place like Wordpress but I'm not sure? Help with this would be great.

    Finally, to those of you that have followed me for a while, you know it was my Grammie that gave me my passion for gardening and was the greatest teacher! Well on April 9, 2014 at the age 99, she went home to be with the Savior Jesus. Which marks the end of a great time of our family. She lived on her farm, by herself until roughly a year ago, she tended to everything that she possibly could. She would always ask me why I thought the Lord was leaving her here? I always said, "because we all need your prayer", lol! She was amazing, can you imagine all the changes she had seen in those 99 years, good and bad? Great woman, she will be missed but for those of us that are saved we will see her again soon!
   I leave you with a little Travel Prayer that Grammie always said to us when we left her house. It always brought joy to my heart to hear it.
 

13 comments:

  1. Oh Clint. Thank you for sharing and I'm in tears. I love your Grammie. I'm sorry because I know you will miss her. We both know of course that she is so happy herself now for sure. I lost Mama a few months ago too. It is a transition for sure. God holds us up. He is my rock and I already know yours'. Wow you have all been so busy! It is good to have you back and we have all missed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a true woman of God! She will be missed here but knowing that I will see her again in heaven is comforting.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you back. I enjoyed the listening to the travel prayers. It reminded me of my son today, who is flying to SC for Marine basic training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its on You-tube to share. We will be praying fr your son!

      Delete
  3. Some times when life gets busy the blog takes a secondary place! So sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life can get so busy, sometimes we forget our blogs for months! Grammie lived a nice long life, wow she was close to 100! Only God knows the number of our days.

    How's your garden? What are you planting this year? By the way I have a new URL and my blog has changed from blossomhideaway.blogspot.com to homegrowndelight.blogspot.com. Please update your reading list and sidebar. Stop by when you have a chance. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My garden is well! So far I have 4 different types of onions, salad mix, 3 types of head lettuce, beets, 2 different types of potatoes, carrots, spinach, garlic, radishes, I saw volunteer Pepperoncinis and dill coming up. So off to a great start, so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. I have missed your blog tips for my garden here over the pond and am looking forward to your regular updates starting again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We just lost my MIL who lived with us, at age 102, in February. I am glad that I know she is leaping, jumping, singing praises to God now around the throne instead of dragging her tired old body around. It is wonderful to go through life with such a hope and promise. No bucket list for me, it will be glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you have her travel prayer on video to play whenever your heart desires. RIP Grammie. We hardly knew ye. ♥

    ReplyDelete