First you will want to make a trip to the plumbing dept. of your favorite hardware store or if you have a "Habitat for Humanity Restore" in your area you can go there as well and probably get your supplies you need! (it doesn't have to be new)
Here is this list you will need: 1) A piece of 3" or larger PVC Drain pipe. You can get the french drain pipe with the holes already in it or you can drill the holes yourself, (Holes need to be large enough for your worm customers to enter, lol). 2) You will need 1 cap to fit each worm tube that you are making. 3) If you don't have a saw to cut your pipe, you better swing by the tool dept. as well!
|Pipe you need|
|Cap you need|
So you have your supplies, know for the fun part, unless you are like me and love to go to the hardware store!
- Cut your pipe into 3' sections or longer depending how much you want above ground.
- At this point if your pipe doesn't have holes you will need to drill holes in it 3/4" or larger, (I feel larger if you can). Leave the end of the pipe that is barred cap free!
- Dig down, in your garden area, 2' to 2 1/2' (use a post hole digger for a nice round hole) you can go deeper if you would like as well.
- Place pipe in hole vertically into ground 2' to 2 1/2' into ground and back fill dirt.
- Start dropping your kitchen scraps into the tube and put the cap on, so you can easily remove it! Note: Follow the same guidelines for this that you would your compost bin. Don't put greasy foods, meats, ect. into the tubes!
I hope you have fun with this and I am sure some of you will even come up with cleaver, artistic ways to disguise them in your garden. When you do, please stop back by and drop us a link so that we can come see! Here is the finished product for you as well.
|See them in the Corners?|
"Garden Soil Part 1"
"Garden Soil Part 2"
"Garden Soil Part 3"
"My Neighbors Raised beds"
Matthew 25:37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?Linked With:
Lets Get Social Sunday, Simple Sunday, The Creative HomeAcre,Clever Chicks Hop, Harvest Monday, Teach Me Tuesday, Frugal Tuesday,The Backyard Farming Connection, Frugal Days Sustainable Way, Down Home Blog Hop, Wicked Awesome Wednesday, Country Homemaker Hop, Simple Living Wednesday, Home and Garden Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, The Country Garden Showcase, Freedom Fridays, Thursdays Favorite Things, Fridays Fertilizer Flaunts, Natural Life Link Up, Weekend Whatever, Farm Girl Friday, Farm Girl Blog Fest, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, On it, In it and Around it, A Pinteresting Party, Sweet Saturday