All you need is old News Papers:
- Water your garden really good before laying!
- You can either take the news papers and soak them in water in a large container before you spread them or wait to a non windy day and lay them, then spray down with water. It always seems to become a windy day when I try the later, God has a since of humor!
- Lay enough that they are overlapped well and no ground is showing.
- Keep watering, this will make the lack of weeding easier. Oh, if you get board, I guess you can read as you garden, lol!
- Figure out the summer before where you want your new garden and mark it.
- Lay about 1 inch layer of news paper. You can either take the news papers and soak them in water in a large container before you spread them or wait to a non windy day and lay them, then spray down with water. Also with this method, lat rocks or boards on them. (Keep it as moist as you can)
- In the fall remove rocks and spread about 8 inches of chopped up leaves on it.
- On top of the leaves spread your compost, manure, top soil or sandy loom over it.
- Now here is the hard part! Sit back, read The Good Book and let the worms do all the work.
- Next spring, just till everything under and plant. You will start out with good rich soil!
Weekend What Ever, Lets Get Social #7, Creative HomeAcre Hop, Down Home Blog Hop, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Wednesday Link Party, The Country Homemaker Hop, Simple Living Wednesday, Freedom Fridays,