Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Going to the Goats"

Dawna and 2 of her new babies!
  Today is my wife's birthday and she wanted a little time to herself, so my daughter and I went to visit a friend of ours at their farm. Dawna and Doug's farm is just a couple of miles from our house. It is a special time around their farm because the have new babies being born. Just this morning as they were getting ready for church Dawna heard one of the nannies getting ready to have a couple of kids. So Doug being the fearless "goat doctor" that he is, got Dawna ready to go to the barn, dropped her off and he continued on to church, lol! You have to understand these are Dawna's babies, Doug loves to love on them and even built the barn for them but when it comes to the goats themselves Dawna is the expert! So after church my daughter and I drove out to see the newest babies that were born today. We had a blast!
Born March 25,2012
Eatin Away!
    "Away In A Manger"





Me and a baby

  We did have a fun time! Dawna taught us so much and was a very gracious host. She has 13 now and counting. I think a couple more have to have babies as well! We had goats growing up, one even accidentally stuck on of her horns between my front two teeth when we were playing around. Accident or not it still hurt!
  Thanks again to Dawna and Doug for allowing us to come out and share this learning experience with my daughter! Hope you all enjoyed the little guys as much as we did.




Matthew 25:32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats."

25 comments:

  1. What a fun outing! Happy Birthday to your wife: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute kids!
    You and your daughter are lucky to have such a great neighbor. Do you drink fresh goat milk?
    Just curious.
    Have a great week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that is one thing I have never drank. I have eaten goat meet though!

      Delete
  3. they are precious! how neat you got to take your daughter to see them! what great friends to have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaww, baby goats are so cute! (big ones, not so much ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything cuter that a baby goat!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderfully fun day.. and happy birthday ms. redeemed gardener!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been some time since I visited website with such high quality information. Thank you so much for providing such helpful information. This is really informative and I will for sure refer my friends the same. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to each of you and I will tell her Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your wife!! Loved the pictures! Goat babies are fun! Looks like the two of you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I love goats. They are so funny and personable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful way to spend some time after church! There is something so precious about baby farm animals. It brings out the best side to us to see these precious creatures. I'm sure your daughter will always remember this outing.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a great way to spend the day. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! Are they Pygmies? And belated Happy Birthday to Dana.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful post Clint. Thank you for sharing. Your little girl is so pretty and she looks very comfortable holding that dear baby goat. Maybe there's a baby goat in her future??? Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, she love animals! I believe she will go into some sort of field to do with animals!

      Delete
  15. I like those beautiful little furry animals. Glad you all had such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! Those baby goats sure are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy birthday to your wife...seems like all of you had a great day, your wife got some alone time and you and your daughter had some sweet time together! love those babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clint, first of all, Happy birthday to your wife!! I love the spiritual references you've chosen for this post. Those kids are just so soft looking...wish I could have held one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very soft! I think we are gonna go back tomorrow or the next day!

      Delete