Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Gospel of Jesus

The Gospel of Jesus Christ

  This is the Scriptural Gospel of Jesus Christ. Anything added to this for you to receive salvation is adding to His simple gospel. All that is necessary for forgiveness of your sins and eternal life is to understand, repent and trust this with all of your heart.This is the simplicity of it, in a nut shell!
 
1 Corinthians 15:1-19
 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.
12 Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

"The portrait of Jesus in the gospels is altogether different from the picture contemporary evangelicals typically imagine. Rather than a would-be redeemer who merely stands outside anxiously awaiting an invitation to come into unregenerate lives, the Savior described in the New Testament is God in the flesh, invading the world of sinful men and challenging them to turn from their iniquity. Rather than waiting for an invitation, He issues His own – in the form of a command to repent and take on a yoke of submission."   John MacArthur

4 comments:

  1. Amen! "And as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth." Job 19:24

    I have listened to John MacArthur for the last 35 years. Read all his books and and currently working through the New Testament verse by verse listening to his sermons. Finishing up Matthew and starting James.

    Thank you for these beautiful words of truth! Have a blessed Sunday!
    Lisa
    The Way Grandmama Does It

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, and yet so rich. Today is a day to treasure our heavenly wealth. I have to say too, that John MacArthur is one of my husband's favorite Bible teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MacAthur keeps it to the simple truth. I didn't used to see eye to eye with his teachings but God has a way of opening our eyes to the truth!

      Delete