Sunday, April 1, 2012

"A Challenge From Neglection"

  I was blog reading this morning and I ran across a challenge that I felt the need to extend! But before I do let me explain a little about it. We all neglect things in life (myself included), look at our plants that we take such a long tedious time to plant the seed, water, keep enough light, warmth and breeze on them. Everyday we go out and check on them, taking much care and paying close attention to detail, BUT what if we start to neglect them? I would venture to say they would wither up and probably die! As their care givers though, as soon as we see something wrong with the little plants, we take great care to quickly hurry and troubleshoot what is happening with them. We grab our trusty "How To Fix It Book", computer, we ask a friend, we will take as much time and effort that it takes to nurse our dieing plant back to perfect health, so that it will grow up and produce a heavy crop for us to consume! You know I am right, I do it too! That's just an example of something we may neglect. It could be you neglect projects around the house, relationships,exercise,anything can fall in this category! Things get away from us!
  Well, whats this have to do with the challenge? Just like neglecting the plant as it grows, if we neglect our bodies they will get sickly, hurt and maybe even wither up! But that's still not the area of concern. The area of concern is our soul. Just like the plant we must feed, water and take much care of our soul. Paying close attention to detail. This is how the soul stays healthy and grows to produce fruit. (Keep in mind that it is only by God's grace that we can and would even want to do this! In my unsaved state, I didn't want nothing to do with anything of God's, I was His enemy!)

You might say, "Well Clint, I pray, go to church and follow the Lord". 
I would say, "If you only feed and paid attention to your plants once a week they would probably die".
You might say, "Well, I pray everyday".
I would ask, "Do you read you Bible everyday"?
You might say, "Not everyday or every once in a while".
I would say, "Prayer is two way communication between you and God and if all you are doing is praying (talking) to God and not reading His word (listening) to God, then its a one sided conversation!

http://www.bibledesignblog.com/
  So if you don't read God's Word everyday, we are not taking as good of care of your spiritual soul as we are those tender little plants. If you do read Gods Word Daily, great don't quit. If you need a Bible Click Here for a free one!
  The Challenge is this: pick up your "How To Fix It Book", "The Holy Bible" at least 5 minutes a day (we do spend an average of 4 hours a day watching T.V., isn't God More important?) and listen to what God has to tell you. The answers to your side of the conversation are in there, all the food and water, all the things you need to grow up as strong, healthy and fruitful as the plant that you your self have taken such a delighted care to raise. You have given the plant everything it needs and it trusted you enough to receive it. Well, God has done the same for you, He has given you everything you need, you just need to open it and read! http://www.biblegateway.com/

Romans 12:2 "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Linked to:
Your Thriving Family 
Barn Hop 56 
Tuesdays Garden Party 
My Daily Walk in His Grace 
 Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday
On in and around Mondays
The Beauty of His Grip 
these five of mine plus two 

19 comments:

  1. A GOOD challenge! (I will start today)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I always told my kids that our soul needs nourishment as we were eating our sandwhich...I told them that God's word was like that sandwich and it will starve for nourishment. We will start to not feel as good in a very unique way.

    Wonderfully done.

    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that! I think I will take your challenge to heart as I recover this week. Also, I would like to link over to this tomorrow if it is alright with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always welcome to borrow anything, anytime! Hope you recover quickly!

      Delete
  4. So true, Clint. My husband and I have been talking a lot the past few weeks about how important the reading and studying of scripture has become to us. D.L. Moody said, "The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible." Satan doesn't want us to read God's word, for as you said, that is how we hear from God. Something the enemy does not want. God bless you, Clint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do need to study more to be ready to witness and stand firm for what we believe!

      Delete
  5. Our sermon on Sunday was about "bearing fruit." How timely to read your post! I've been doing a Bible in 90 Days challenge and it's been AMAZING--I may never go back to NOT reading, there's just SO MUCH in there that I never got to since I didn't read it regularly. I've already made a huge list of things I want to go back and study in-depth after we wrap up in April. His Word truly is food and water for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you! Its amazing how the Holy Spirit works. God Bless your 90 day challenge!

      Delete
  6. A great challenge! I have found that the simple 5 minutes a day spent in God's word soon grows! When I have gotten to know Him more and more, I discover that I want to stay in the word longer and longer! Those times with Him are sweet.

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, 5 grows to 10 then 20! Thank you for stopping in, please come share often!

      Delete
  7. Great post! I'd say I'll join your challenge, but well, I spend a bit more than 5 minutes a day in the Word. It took me a while to improve my discipline so I would stay focused for even just a few verses, but I'm happy to say that I'm finally there and loving every blessed word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hopping over from UBP. Happy party week.

    Fondly,
    Glenda
    #84

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I'm a new follower from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is a GREAT challenge. I'm enjoying looking around your blog, stop by and say Hi if you get some time. #UBP12

    Jennifer from Just
    Wedeminute
    and Just
    Wedeminute Reviews and Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping in! I will have to stop by!

      Delete