Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Look! "I Grow More Than Veggies"

Just wanted to show what was blooming around the house and show that I can garden more than veggies, lol! Many things have already bloomed such as Pear trees, Crab-apple trees, Lillie's and such and there are many others getting ready to bloom!

Linked with:
farm-photo-friday-linky
Wordless Wednesday,
Country Home Maker Hop
Wednesday Link Up
Garden-club-thursday

"The proper understanding of everything in life begins with God.  No one will ever understand the necessity of conversion who does not know why God created us.  He created us "in His image" so that we would image forth his glory in the world.  We were made to be prisms refracting the light of God's glory into all of life.  Why God should want to give us a share in shining with His glory is a great mystery.  Call it grace or mercy or love- it is an unspeakable wonder.  Once we were not.  Then we existed- for the glory of God!"  John Piper

Broccoli,Onions,Butter-head Lettuces,Chard,Kohlrabi

Bleeding Heart

Virginia Bells
Forget-me-nots

Viburnum
Grape hyacinths

Orange Gem
Wild Geranium







                           

34 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms & veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God makes some mighty nice stuff....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blooms! Definitely looks like spring has come to your place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, LOVE seeing all the things growing in your garden, including the flowers :) Greetings from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of too early apricot trees bloomed here but that's it...no flowers yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do grow nice veggies and flowers! I love the buttercrunch lettuce, well all of the vegetables in your raised bed sound great to me. You do have a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quote for the day! Nice flowers too - we veggie gardeners need the flowers to attract pollinators.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bleeding heart. Mine was coming along so nicely and then.... It got really cold and the flowers all froze. Darn!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! I'm so glad flowers are finally here. We're about to drop into the 30s, after continual 80-90 degree weather. I hope everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey.
    Spring has come to you I see.
    So beautiful vegetables and flowers fine images.
    Happy Easter, Marit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments! It is great to hear from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to get out and work in the yard...you may have just motivated me! I found you through the blog hop and hope you can stop by my blog...tomorrow I will have some beautiful country wedding pictures as well...I ran part one of the wedding this past Monday! Hope to see you there....have a blessed Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just get out there and dig in! Thank you so much for stopping in!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful spring photos... I love bleeding hearts so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Bleeding Hearts are gorgeous- all looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flower photos are gorgeous ~ lovely post ~thanks, namaste, ^_^ linked w/Katherine's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spring looks so pretty in your photos. I love easy-to-grow perennials. My kind of gardening! :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos of all the gorgeous flowers.
    Bleeding hearts is one of my favorites, I also have a white one.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Easter.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely flowers! The bleeding hearts are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that John Piper quote! Lovely flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty - love spring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice to know you are a multi-tasker, Clint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you've got a green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous flowers. i love the bleeding hearts. i would love some home grown veggies. you enjoy. (:

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello to everyone for stopping in! I just wanted to say thank you! It's so fun diggin in the dirt, most of the time my thumb in brown not green, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You certainly do have lots of beautiful blooms right now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yep, you have to have a few flowers around to keep those pollinators happy! I always joke that I don't do "pretty" when it comes to gardening, but I do have a few flowers here and there to keep those bees coming back!

    ReplyDelete