Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Unlocking The Lock"

Do you have eternal life or conditional life?


Ephesians 1:13-14 says "In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory."  
Philippians 1:6 says "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"
   The understanding of eternal security really comes from understanding the unique and special love that God has for His children. Romans 8:28-39 tells us that 1) no one can bring a charge against God’s elect; 2) nothing can separate the elect from the love of Christ; 3) God makes everything work together for the good of the elect; and 4) all whom God saves will be glorified. God loves His children (the elect) so much that nothing can separate them from Him. Of course this same truth is seen in many other passages of Scripture as well (these four points came from). In John 10:27-30, Jesus says, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one." Again, in John 6:37-47, we see Jesus stating that everyone that the Father gives to the Son will come to Him and He will raise all of them up at the last day. John 5:24 say "“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life."  Eternal life here  is not something you receive in the future but something you receive at the time you believe. If salvation trough Jesus Christ isn't eternal then its not eternal life, Jesus promises you eternal life. A promise of eternal life is not conditional life.
Join His Flock
   Eternal security does NOT give us a license to go out sin and do whatever we want.(1 John 2:3-4,Romans 8:29-30,2 Corinthians 5:17, 1 Corinthians 6:11) These are a few scriptures that tell you that.
   If someone is truly saved, he or she has been made alive by the Holy Spirit and has a new heart with new desires. There is no way that one that has been “born again” can later be “unborn.” Because of His unique love for His children, God will keep all of His children safe from harm, and Jesus has promised that He would lose none of His sheep.
  The doctrine of eternal security or also called "the perseverance of the saints" recognizes that true Christians will always persevered and are eternally secure because God keeps them that way. It is based on the fact that Jesus, the “author and perfecter of faith” (Hebrews 12:2), is able to completely save those whom the Father has given Him (Hebrews 7:25) and to keep them saved through all eternity.
  Why would God graciously offer up a free gift of salvation but make it conditional? A conditional salvation doesn't fit the eternal salvation plan of the Bible and it wouldn't be a free gift. That would be like me saying "I am gonna give you a free car as a gift, but you have to work of the price of the car for me". That wouldn't be a free gift from me, you would have earned it.
  "If one dear saint of God had perished, so might all; if one of the covenant ones be lost, so may all be; and then there is no gospel promise true, but the Bible is a lie, and there is nothing in it worth my acceptance. I will be an infidel at once when I can believe that a saint of God can ever fall finally. If God hath loved me once, then He will love me forever."
C.H. Spurgeon







Reference: MacArthur Commentaries, Got Questions, Smiths Christian dictionary
Compiled by: Clint Baker

20 comments:

  1. Eternal my dear...nice post. What denomination are you, may I ask?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in the Methodist church and when dad remarried, he married a Catholic gal, so went went to 8:30 mass then to the Methodist church, lol! After I got married we went to a few different churches, then God saved me in a Non-Denomination 6 years ago. Something didn't feel right there so fallowing the Lords direction we have found a home at a little church like the one I grew up in. The name of it is Elizabeth Baptist Church. You can listen to sermons over under the "Faith Building Sites", its the Sermon Audio link. One day I may post my testimony here, it is a awesome one!

      Delete
  2. Amen! What an awesome, just, holy, incredibly compassionate God we serve!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!.......Happy Easter...HE IS RISEN!
    My future is secure, I have eternal life.
    He has proved himself faithful to me over and over again. Reguardless of what might happen in this life or to this body I know that my eternal life with Christ is secure....:o)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to know this! Thanks for sharing and inspiring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome post!!! Have a Happy and blessed Easter. Greetings from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A blessed Easter to you all, Clint. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things."
    Romans 10:15 Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always struggled with the lack of accountability in the eternal salvation doctrine. You've given me food for thought here, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the same boat with you about 3 years ago! So I totally understand. I don't believe after salvation we can live however we want but you get in the scriptures and see, as I did, for your self!

      Delete
    2. We still will be held accountable for our action, especially those we know to be sin and still do intentionally!
      James 4:17Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

      Delete
  9. What an enlightening post! Thank you for sharing what Eternal security is truly all about!

    Belated Happy Easter and God bless! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just need to think of it as we do our own children. No matter what they do they are still our children!

      Delete
  10. "The perseverance of the saints" --- I like that way of putting it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well. It takes it all out of our hands and places it in Gods hands!

      Delete